Monday, October 17, 2011

A tale of the Tooth Fairy and a Big Boy Bed.

Friday, October 7th was a big day for the Battreal's!  Mommy headed off to work leaving her boys at home to do "man" stuff all day...and "man" stuff on this particular day included putting together Landon's big boy bed!  We weren't really sure it was the right time to make the transition because Landon was quite content in his crib and had only climbed out one time.  However, considering his baby sister is going to be born via c-section and I won't be able to pick our little man up for several weeks we decided to take the plunge!  And we're glad we did...he's done GREAT in his new big boy bed!  The only trouble we've had is changing his nightly routine - we are routine people who don't fare well with change...pair that with the fact that we (especially dada :) ) love to rock our guy to sleep and it makes for a difficult time expecting Landon to just "go to bed".  We'll get there.  He's only fallen out of bed one time and it was early one morning.  We heard the dreaded "thump" followed by "what the heck just happened" screams!  Poor guy.  He was fine - nothing a little snuggling couldn't fix.

So, back to the day of "man" stuff.  After Landon's big boy bed was put together...complete with his dada's Pluto sheets that his Nana has saved all these years...Landon ran into his room, tripped over his rug, fell into the hard side of the bed and knocked his already loose tooth "looser".  And it bled.  Badly.  I wasn't here for all the fun but dada called me right away to fill me in.  After the bleeding stopped dada saw that Landon had bitten his lip pretty bad too.  Poor guy!  There wasn't a whole lot anyone could do...and apparently there is not a single dentist in the metro area who works on Friday.  Nice.  We didn't think a trip to the emergency trip was necessary, so after some TLC and a popsicle dada got Landon down for a nap - and when he woke up he told dada that his tooth hurt and asked him to "get it out"!  Dada may or may not have sterilized the needle nosed pliers to give it a shot - but just couldn't bring himself to do it!  So, Landon did what any normal "twoahalf"year old kiddo would do and he pulled it himself, handed it to Jim and said "here you go!".  And he was fine.  And the tooth fairy came to visit on his very first night in his big boy bed!!!
Yay!  I have a big boy bed now!  Mommy picked out my quilt - it's awesome.

Pillow fight!  Thanks for saving my daddy's Pluto sheets Nana!  I love them!
See where my tooth used to be?!

What, you don't pick your nose?  All the cool kids pick their nose...everyone knows that.

My giant mommy read me Mouse Paint on my first night in my big boy bed!
Nanny Gayle made me this Razorback pillow and I decided to put my tooth in my Razorback coin holder and then tuck it away in this pillow so the Tooth Fairy would find it!  It worked!  Thanks Nanny Gayle!

Wook!  The Tooth Fairy left me some change - and then my mommy took me to buy a new "Buzz Whotyere" toy!  I like this Tooth Fairy lady!

Part two of the tooth story coming soon!

No comments: