Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Let the countdown begin!

So, it's 1:41 in the morning. Why am I awake? I have no idea really but I'm wide awake...as if I've been asleep for hours! Could it be that half pint of ice cream I ate before bed? (Don't judge. I've done pretty good this pregnancy so I decided I "deserved" some chocolate fudge brownie. Truth be told...I planned on eating the entire pint but didn't. So, there! Ha!). Maybe it's the preggo insomnia that so many of my friends have suffered from that I've thankfully missed out on? OR maybe...MK woke me up to prepare me for what's to come in two short weeks? Who knows. I should probably make good use of being wide awake and make Landon's lunch for school or something...but I will probably just lay here and listen to my baby daddy snore. Loudly. Ha! Sorry sweetie.

So, the countdown. We have two short weeks left before becoming a family of 4...which is a concept I clearly haven't quite grasped considering I told our doctor that I was looking forward to having next week off work before "becoming a family of 3"! He quickly corrected me and I was sort of caught off guard. Not sure if it was because I hadn't really thought about actually being a family of 4 or if I was shocked by my less than amazing math skills. Either way it hit me...we will be a family of 4. In two weeks! Or less. I secretly hope she stays put til the 25th because I really am looking forward to having a week off work before her arrival. I want to spend as much time with Landon and Jim as possible before the craziness of having a newborn hits us. MK, we can't wait to meet you and Landon, we know you're going to be a great big brother!!

Now, preggo insomnia or after effect of too much sugar be gone! I'm already not a morning person and my co-workers don't need grumpy Katie my last week before maternity leave!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: