Monday, October 3, 2011

Maddie Kate: 36 Weeks!

Maddie Kate is 36 weeks old in my belly.  It's scary to think that if she decides to come as early as her brother did she'll be here in the morning!  Like, TOMORROW MORNING!  Luckily I went to see Dr. Wendel today and it looks like she'll be staying put.  Which is good!  However, I'm working on packing my bag this week and her room is just about finished.  I'm waiting on a few more things before I take any pictures to post.

Today at our Dr. appointment MK's heart was going strong at 142 bpm and she's still breech.  Here's what What to Expect When You're Expecting has to say about our little girl:

Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle.


I'm still feeling great...for the most part anyway.  She's still really high and I'm afraid her head will have an indention from jamming it up in my ribs!  My feet and ankles swell some by the end of the day but overall I just can't complain.  Next week is my last full week of work before I start maternity leave.  I'm looking forward to having some time off before she gets here...did you hear that MK?  No matter how uncomfortable I get you feel free to stay put until October 25th!

Here is the 36 week belly - complete with a horrific hair day.

This is what a working mommy of one looks like after a long day and a trip to the grocery store...heaven help me when I become the working mommy of 2!  According to my friends who've recently joined the ranks of parenting two I better "get ready"!  I think karma is biting me for telling Landon's delivery story to too many pregnant women...now it's my turn for the horror stories of having two kids...I would be lying if I said I wasn't super nervous about the whole thing!  I'm SO nervous.  I'm excited too - and luckily I happen to have the best support system.  I'm very grateful and excited to meet our girl!

No comments: