Sunday, October 23, 2011

Maddie Kate's Nursery

We put the finishing touches on Maddie Kate's nursery this weekend and I'm so excited to share a few pictures!  I am so proud of how this room has turned out and I had so much fun putting it all together...after I decided on a fabric, that is.  If you know me at all you know that I stress over really, reeeeaaaalllly, unimportant things...and I can't make a decorating decision to save my soul...and in this case, the stress and lack of decision making skills centered around fabric.  Totally, ridiculously, utterly unimportant fabric...and that was after I had already stressed over whether or not to have her bedding made or buy pre-made.  Big life decisions here...I tell ya!  Anyway - after I finally found fabric I loved I had a lady at the paint store Pocky uses help us pick out paint colors and then Pocky came to visit and painted the nursery.  I love the colors and the room came together just perfectly when MK got the most precious blankets in the mail from her Great Mama.  I love them so much and I can't wait to bundle our girl up in them!

So, lots of silly stressing later - here is MK's nursery!



My awesome friend Amy painted these for MK's nursery...aren't they perfect?!


MK's first doll!  She comes out of her Snuggy Bunny and is just the cutest thing!

My sweet friends threw me a "sprinkle" and here is the adorable invitation...also made my Amy!

Close up of the bedding...the bird fabric was the first "big" decision and I LOVE it!

I love how the polka dots look with the birds.

Here are the precious blankets that my sweet Mama made for MK.
I'm taking the pink one to the hospital to bundle MK up in to come home.

I just love it - and Jim says it's the nicest room in the house.  He's kinda right...so, our girl is a smidgen spoiled already.  And I thought I wouldn't be good at this girl stuff...maybe there is hope after all!
We can't wait to meet you Maddie Kate!


PS...
Maddie Kate,
Your big brother and your Daddy worked hard putting things together!  Here they are working on your chair!



2 comments:

Gattis said...

Too cute!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh her room is adorable! It is just perfect and I can't wait to see her in it! :)