Monday, August 8, 2011

Maddie Kate: 28 weeks!


We had our 28 week appointment today and the bribery brownies I made worked - we got to see our girl again!  It's a good thing too because I had forgotten to make them and remembered AFTER I was already in bed - yes, I got out of bed at 10pm to bake!!  Totally worth it for another sneak peek!

Maddie Kate didn't want to cooperate for pictures but we got a few good ones.  She's changed positions and is now in what they call the "frank" breech position...meaning she's in a U shape with her head on my right side by my ribs and her feet up by my left ribs.  Landon was also in this position I think!  I know he was breech but I can't remember exactly which position he was in.  MK's still a mover and a shaker in there and here's what Baby Center say's she's up to these days (aside from building a jungle gym in the womb):

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Here is our girl!  We got a couple of 4D shots - but again, she didn't want to cooperate and she had her hands and feet up by her face the entire time and no amount of prodding her would make her move!  Stubborn little thing...Mimi and Aunt Alison think that MK already looks like her big brother!  According to the ultrasound tech who measured her she's already weighing in at 3 pounds 2 ounces and is measuring over 29 weeks - which is consistent with what my belly is measuring.  My fluid looks great too which is super great news and the reason I took bribery brownies - I want to make sure she's floating around okay in there!  














Here is the 28 week belly!  I'm feeling a bit large and in charge - and although this is one of my favorite preggo outfits I'm wondering after seeing this picture if it's the most flattering!?  Cardigans are sometimes perfect and sometimes they're not...who cares - I still love it.  



1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm sooooo jealous of the 4D ultrasound. :)
And you look amazing...unbelievably so!...whereas I look like I swallowed one of those giant hopping balls with the handles...with the handle part poking out my bellybutton. :(