Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Pre-School and Potty-Time!

Landon started school today and he moved up to the 2 year old class!  He's growing up so fast!  His dada and I took him to the open house last Friday to meet his teachers and to see his new classroom.  His teachers this year are Ms. Sandy, Ms. Sarah Jane and Ms. Karin.  We sure will miss Ms. Sally and Ms. Sonja from last year but we are looking forward to another fun year of school and we know his new teachers will be great!  His buddies Luke, Liam and Murphy are in his class again...and he said Reagan is also in his class!  Whew, glad the girlfriend made it into the same class!  I need to meet this girl.  Nana said he did great this morning!  He went right in and found Liam and started playing.  When I picked him up from Nana and Papa's this evening he said he had fun at school!

The last few weeks I've been a lazy momma in the mornings!  I haven't have to get his lunch ready, pack his bag with labeled diapers, remember his rest mat or have him to Nana and Papa's earlier than usual...so, this morning was an adjustment for me too!  A good one though...I like routine and since I tend to be deadline driven I like to "have" to be someplace at a certain time...AND we would have made it on time today had Landon not "hid" under the kitchen table to fill his diaper instead of going on the potty.

Speaking of the potty - aside from the "hiding" this morning Landon is making excellent progress potty training!  We introduced him to the potty weeks ago and Nana has helped a lot!  He started out getting M&Ms as a reward and now he gets Hershey Drops at Nana's!  She's way cooler than us - we sometimes forget the candy prize!  A couple of Sunday's ago he just decided he was ready and told us 6 times that he "had to go potty" and each time his diaper was dry when he got there!  He's even gotten up on the potty by himself without our help a few times since and he went on the potty at school today!  I took him to Target a week or so ago and we looked at big boy underwear!  I told him that when he started going on the potty more consistently that we'd get him some and he picked out the Thomas ones!  For now we're sticking with diapers and pull-ups.  Yay for potty training progress!  The goal:  to have Landon completely potty trained before Maddie Kate gets here - momma is too cheap to buy two sizes of diapers!  No pressure Landon - but you may only have around 9 weeks left.  Keep up the good work!

We tried to get some "first day of school" pictures this morning...but Landon takes after his dada and isn't too fond of being on that side of the camera - he would much rather see every picture right after you take it and can't really be bothered to give me a good smile!  Here are a couple of our attempts!

His backpack had two packs of wipes in it and was pretty heavy...he was not impressed that I made him put it on.




Since this morning's attempt wasn't great I thought I'd try to get some more pictures tonight...

He's ornery...

Just a little...

After his ornery photo session though, he had a bath and then he and I listened to and sang along with some fun nursery rhymes on the computer.  Before that I sang a song to him that I've been singing to him since he was a baby called "A Bushel and a Peck" by Doris Day...I first heard it on the movie Julie and Julia and it just sort of stuck in my head and I've been singing it to him ever since...and tonight...after I sang it to him and he said "do dat again momma" a couple of times HE SANG IT TO ME complete with his arms around my neck and I wanted to cry from the sweetness...

And now, back to the orneriness...








Edited to test a new email feature for Landon's favorite dada.  :)

No comments: