Thursday, December 9, 2010

Potty Update

Here is a picture I found online of the potty we bought. The same one from my previous potty post. I bet you would have never guessed that this picture didn't come from my camera...right?  

So, as it turns out not reading the training potty instructions and shoving the weird piece of plastic for which I couldn't find a purpose into the wipes section of the potty was not a great move towards potty training our guy. That weird piece of plastic is actually meant to turn ordinary potties into directionally unchallenged pottties for little boys. To quote Lily's mom..."hmmpf"  (Hope I didn't screw up the spelling Lily's mommy :)  )

I have now placed the weird piece of plastic where it belongs and we might be able to use the potty afterall...even though Landon still says "no" when I ask him if he actually wants to "go" in the potty. To him it's still much cooler as a toy and he'd much rather carry it around than sit on it!  He's learning though...I just know he is. I have a feeling we will skip to the second stage of the potty by using the seat on the big people potty and the base as a stool...and even though potty training our guy is bittersweet cause it means our baby's growing up we are convinced that he won't be going to college wearing diapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I also thought that extra piece of plastic was strange. And you may be right about him skipping to the big potty with the little seat. Luke and Sam both did that. Although Luke perched like a bird and Sam still faces the tank... Oh well!
-Andrea