Friday, February 22, 2013

Ripping Books and Sweet Apologies

Yesterday I got a facebook message from one of Landon's teachers, Ms Amy, saying that Landon, along with some other boys in his class, had ripped up some books during naptime at school. The consequence was that he wouldn't be able to look at books during naptime anymore. Jim and I talked about the best way to handle this situation and decided that we would talk to him and make sure he understood that what he did was wrong and that he needed to apologize to his teachers. We also decided that he would need to choose a few of his own books to take to school to replace the ones he tore up. So, this morning I had a talk with him and asked him to apologize to his teachers. We didn't make a huge deal out of it but made sure that he understood that ripping books is not ok and that just because other kids were doing it that he didn't have to. When I talked to him he immediately said he was sorry to me and that he knew it was wrong. Today I got another message letting me know that Landon had apologized and that his teacher was very touched by his sweet and sincere apology. I'm so happy that our sweet boy felt remorse and did the right thing after we only asked him to once. I hope this is a good indication that our guy truly understands the difference between right and wrong and that he's learned a good lesson that will stick with him. Here are pictures of the messages I received.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: