Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The End of the World

The Mayan's predict it to be later this year...a week or so ago I was sure it was going to be today.

Today I started back to work. And the world didn't come to an end. It wasn't so bad...I didn't even cry. I dropped the kiddos off at Nana's and when I got to the office (with a giant Starbucks in tow) it almost felt like I had never left. After sorting through 3700+ emails, most of which were junk, I decided it's just not that bad. I like my job. I Iike the people I work with. MK gets to hang out with Nana and Papa instead of going to a daycare, Landon goes to school and even though I think I might enjoy staying home I know that it's not our reality and I'm thankful for a job I like and a family who is happy to help. I feel happy that Jim and I understand that quality time is more important than quantity and we definitely strive to make the most of our time together as a family...and I think we do a pretty good job most of the time!

Thank you to Nana for hanging out with our kiddos, to Jim who let me have a good night's sleep before my first day back and to all my friends who checked on
me today!

PS. I think the Mayan's are full of crapola.

PSS...I think we have a couple of cute kids...cute kids who will likely be scarred for life for things like not getting an easy bake oven or not getting to go see New Kid's on the Block in concert far more than having a working mother. Right Mimi? Ha!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: