Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bottles and breathing...and Stella

Maddie Kate is off the oxygen, taking bottles and feels much better!!




Her pulse-ox monitor isn't turned on and we don't have any other scary monitors beeping! Woohooo! I think (but don't want to jinx it) that we are on our way out of this place! Our fingers are crossed that she does well tonight...I have a feeling I may never sleep again for watching her every breath and overanalyzing her tone, color and alertness! This has been such a scary experience but pales in comparison to what other families here are going through. I saw a guy I recognized from college in the cafeteria a few nights ago and long story short...their 2 1/2 year old daughter Stella is battling a brain tumor that has spread to her spine. They are dealing with this after having already lost a baby 4 years ago. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through and my heart breaks for them and the other families going through the same or similar situations. Our girl still needs prayers...and while you're at it please, please say a prayer...lots and lots of prayers for Stella!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: