Monday, June 13, 2011

Maddie Kate

I just love our little girl's name and I can't wait to meet her!  Today we had the "big" ultrasound and to be honest, we were a nervous wreck.  I hardly slept and Jim was anxious too...so, we both sighed a huge sigh of relief when we heard these words from our favorite doctor, "the baby looks great!"  I know there are so many families who don't always hear those words and I'm saying extra prayers for them today - I can't imagine.  I'm also saying extra prayers that Landon's baby sis, "MaTate" will continue to look great in there so she can come out and play with her big brother soon (but not too soon MK, your brother is in a hitting phase...we'll work on that before your arrival)!  Ha!

During the ultrasound Maddie Kate was a busy girl!  She was moving all around and wasn't quite a fan of having her picture made.  She measured 20 weeks and 2 days...which is exactly how far along I am...quite the perfectionist already!  She weighs 12 ounces and she's just an adorable little thing!  Here are a few ultrasound pictures.  The printer at the doctor's office was broken so we got a video...I had to try to take pictures with my phone while the video was playing on my computer!



Here is her sweet profile and her hand is coming up to her face.
Another sweet profile.  We love her.

And here she is shaking a finger of disapproval at us for trying to make her move for a better shot!

Here's the 20 week belly!  She's really growing!  Thankfully I'm still at my starting weight.  I lost 3 pounds in the first 12 weeks but it's all come back since!  Last Monday I wore my regular clothes to work - by the end of the week there was no way!  So, I'm pretty much all about maternity clothes right now...my budget is not happy!
Landon wanted in on a picture!
The daybed in the background is the latest addition to our front room which will be the "playroom/guest room/office".  I got a few pillows today after work to get started but I want several more!  I love pillows and I love how our house is coming together.  I can't believe we've lived here almost a year!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

She is beautiful!!! So happy she is doing well!

Emily said...

Love your baby bump! I can't believe you are already half way...time is flying and we can't wait to meet Maddie Kate either! Oh and I love the daybed! :)

michelle said...

Congrats on baby healthfulness!
And I'm in absolute awe of you for being at your starting weight. I think I'm up twelve pounds! Scary!!