Thursday, May 7, 2015

Knock knock...

Tonight, while carrying out the bedtime routine, we were all goofing off a little in Landon's room. He started talking about a part of mass that is sometimes sung...the breaking of the bread (that's according to Google...I don't know all the proper names for the parts of the mass...Mary, if you're reading this I might need a refresher. :))
He wanted to sing it but he gets so embarrassed when he sings so he asked me to come into the living room and sing it with him. When he gets embarrassed he gets a little goofy but it made me happy that he's learning so much about the mass and that he likes to talk about it.  We sang it together. 

Then. Out of nowhere. He says..."knock knock"

I ask the obligatory, "who's there?"

He says, "little old lady"

I say, "little old lady who"...while mind you, still in the religious frame of mind and a bit confused as to how we transitioned to a knock knock joke so quickly. 

He says...about as dry witted as possible, "I didn't know you could yodle!"

I could not stop laughing!!!!!  It was surely a "you had to be there" moment but it's one I don't want to forget. That kid can be so unexpectedly funny sometimes!!!  Turns out he and Jim read that joke is his Highlights magazine last night...man I sure love my boys!  


No comments: