Monday, September 1, 2014

Landon - he's 5 years and 8 months old…and he started Kindergarten!

I'm 8 whole months late on Landon's 5 year old post…and I was 7 months late taking pictures.  Oh well - as they say, better late than never!

Wow - he's almost 6!  As trite as it may sound, it seems like yesterday that we were hurrying to the hospital on the day he was born.  The last 5 years and 8 months have been a frenzied blur of craziness, happiness, sweetness, orneriness and also full of blessings.  Our dude is growing up.

Landon's favorite color is orange, his favorite food is cheese ravioli (seriously, he'd eat it for every meal every day), his favorite thing to do is play on the iPad and he told me a few weeks ago that he likes his daddy better than me.  That's fantastic.  You know what, it didn't even bother me…I was actually just really happy for Jim.  Ha!  I know he loves me…and all joking aside, he's a pretty great kid! 

Landon absolutely adores his baby sister…and when they're not bugging the you know what out of each other they are so sweet together.  He protects her and she looks at him with great admiration.  I hope they always share a close bond.

Landon's learning so much every day.  He is very inquisitive and his favorite part of the day (aside from lots of time with the iPad) is story time with his daddy.  They have their special time every night.  They read books, tell stories and look up neat stuff on the internet.

Here are some pictures from our super late photo shoot.







Kindergarten!  Our dude started Kindergarten this year!  I think he was most excited about not having to take a nap in Kindergarten.  Jim and I took him to open house the day before school started to see his classroom and to meet his teacher.  He had to do a little scavenger hunt to find the important areas in the classroom and he got a treat!  I know he was a little nervous and I don't know how excited he was on the first day but he got right up, got dressed, ate breakfast and we took off.  We decided that dropping him off in the pick-up line would be best.  I was afraid if I went in with him he wouldn't want me to leave - and we had just been there the day before.  We talked all about it so he would be ready and he got out and with the help of the principal took off towards his classroom…and I cried all the way to work!  I wasn't sad about how fast he's growing up - I cried because I felt an enormous amount of guilt for not walking him in on the first day.  I surely didn't anticipate having that amount of guilt!  I kept envisioning our guy being lost and confused and seeing all the other moms and dads and wondering why I shoved him out of the car and made him walk in all alone.  It was awful.  I felt better after talking to Jim and Aunt Sissy.  Luckily, Landon never mentioned it and he had a great first day!!  He's only had a couple minor blips in the first couple of weeks.  One day he didn't finish his work and another he got a little warning for tackling a kid on the playground.  Not finishing his work was not surprising to us…tackling a kid on the playground, very surprising!  Our dude is not typically very physical with kids he doesn't know and would rather play minecraft than football…so, we got a little more to the story from Aunt Sissy (she works recess duty but wasn't there that day) and it wasn't a major deal.  We had talked to Landon about whether or not he was being mean or just playing and he didn't fully understand why he was in trouble so we kind of let it slide.

Overall, he's doing great so far!  He did ask today if Kindergarten was over though - so we may be in for a long year!  Ha!





Landon - you're a pretty awesome little guy and we love you to the moon and back and a bushel and a peck.  XOXOXO


No comments: