Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day of Pre-K

Our dude had a great year!  He learned a lot and we learned a lot about him.  We are so thankful for Christ the King and we are looking forward to kindergarten!  I can't quite believe we have a kid old enough for kindergarten but it seems we do!  Landon has improved so much this year.  He can write his name fairly well and just recently when we're driving he'll pick out a sign and say the letters asking us what they spell.  He seems to be interested in learning and we hope that continues.  His teacher put together binders of his work from throughout the year and it's neat to flip through it and see his progress.  One of my favorite things they did is the monthly journal.  Each day the kiddos did a journal page.  Typically it was a drawing based on a question like what they did over the weekend and sometimes they got a free day to draw what they like.  His drawing skills definitely improved!  He seems to have a knack for numbers and can even understand basic math.  We have enjoyed watching him grow and talking to him about the things he's learned.

Here is Landon on the first and last days of school.  We started out the year tucking in shirts and ended a little lazy.  The night before the last day of school Landon had a t-ball game and was up way past bedtime…so, it was a rough morning!


The Pre-K class puts on a musical program at the end of the year.  Aside from trying to get pictures of our ornery boy afterwards, he did a great job!  He was on the front row and watching him perform up there with his buddies was the highlight of the year.  At the end of the program they all had a part to Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.  That was my favorite.  A few times during that part Landon really got into it and you could tell he could almost feel the music.  I don't know why exactly but that made my heart so happy!!  I see so much of myself and Jim in him…he's ornery but he also has a sweet, sensitive side.






At the end of the year they also had a field day.  I went for a little while to watch and all the kiddos had such a great time!  Watching them was fun but I think my favorite part was watching my dear friend Marie man the rope on the rock climbing wall while wearing sweet Annabeth.  She is absolutely amazing!!  Definitely the highlight of my visit to field day!  







No comments: