Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stella...

She's gone to heaven. I can't believe how quickly she went and my heart is absolutely broken for her family and all the other families who lose their babies too soon. I just can't imagine what they must be going through and I pray that we will never have to know personally. They had a healthy little girl one day and found out the next that she had a brain tumor. I prayed and prayed for a miracle for them and I truly expected one...and I'm so sad they didn't get the miracle we all prayed for. I know Miss Stella's story along with so many similar stories has touched the lives of others in so many ways. I said something to Stella's dad when we were in the Children's hospital cafeteria together that I wish I could take back. I was so worn out and didn't know what to say and I told him that with our situation the reality wasn't as bad as the thought or stories you hear of babies with RSV. Clearly they weren't dealing with a virus and in my need to make conversation I'm surprised he didn't tell me that the reality for them is horrific and is much worse that the stories anyone can tell. Stella's family is so strong and everyone is quick to call them heroes. I'm sure they'd much rather not be this kind of hero...no one should have to go through what they've been through and my heart just aches for them. Please continue to pray for this sweet family. Stella joined her big sister in heaven yesterday and I hope they can play together and send comfort and peace to their mommy, daddy and big brother who need it so much. RIP sweet Stella.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thinking and praying for this dear family.