Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweetness

Landon is just growing up and changing so fast and he amazes us daily with the things he does and all that he's learning.  Because this blog is my journal, scrapbook and Landon's baby book all in one I want to be sure and include all the sweet and funny stories we have to share about our little guy.

So, tonight after dinner and bath I let Landon watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while he had his "ba" aka evening milk while I did a few dishes and folded some kitchen towels.  He's usually pretty easy to get to sleep but some nights are definitely more challenging that others. Well, he had been pretty wound up tonight so I kind of expected tonight's night-night time to be a challenge but it wasn't!  I told Landon it was time for night-night and that it was time to go to his room and his said "otay" in his sweet little voice that melts my heart and trotted off to his bedroom like a big boy!  We rocked for a couple minutes and then I put him in his crib and I haven't heard a peep since. Nights like tonight are good for a parent's soul!  With all the challenges that come with parenting a two year old, the sweet "otay Momma" moments just melt my heart and make me forget all about the challenges.

Speaking of challenges...this morning while we were getting ready for work I heard a loud noise come from the living room. It sounded like something had fallen. Next I hear Landon's footsteps coming down the hall and him saying over and over "sowwy momma, sowwy momma".  I thought, uh oh!  What's happened?  So I asked Landon to show me and he just kept saying "sowwy momma" and led me into the living room where he had knocked over a huge cup of water. Such a mess!  As I was cleaning it up he said, "I go to time out?"  Bless his heart!  Of course he didn't have to go to time out and I felt bad that he thought I would be so upset.  He knew he had done something wrong though because we have told him not to mess with cups and I was proud of him for coming to me to let me know what he had done. Again, his sweet little voice saying "sowwy momma" totally made the hassle of cleaning up the mess less of a hassle. Maybe he's got us right where he wants us...maybe we're suckers...or maybe we kinda love our sweet little mess to pieces. I'm going with all of the above!

*edited to add that a "ba" is not a bottle!!! It's a sippy cup...the name "ba" just kind of stuck for his night-night milk. We don't call daytime drinks "ba's"! :)

No comments: