Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BB2: From Pea to Prune

In the post announcing our big news BB2 was the size of tiny sweet pea.  Last week I went for an “unofficial” ultrasound and our precious sweet pea had grown to the size of a prune!  Seeing this sweet little prune with his/her tiny fluttering heart made me one happy momma! 

I went for an “unofficial” ultrasound because my symptoms had kind of disappeared and “google” says that sometimes that can be a sign of a miscarriage.  Darn you google!  I know I should feel happy and extremely blessed to be one of the few woman who just feels pretty good during pregnancy – and deep down I do, I promise.  However, sometimes a little nausea can be reassuring that everything is moving right along and since I had quite a bit of nausea in the beginning I got worried when it just seemed to disappear overnight.

The joke’s on me now though…because one symptom that hadn’t quite bothered me in the beginning is now bugging the you know what out of me.  Exhaustion.  I’m lazy and Jim might say kind of grouchy.  I may or may not have let Landon watch hour(s) of tv on Saturday while I was glued to the couch/bed.  Around 4, after he’d had a nap and enough of the Wonder Pets, “Bobot”, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse we finally got around and went to get him some new shoes…and he apparently has giant feet.  The shoe salesman told me that his feet are as big if not bigger than most 3 year olds.  I’ve been shoving his size 8 ½’s in a 7 for far longer than a good momma wishes to confess.  Poor kid.

Ps…one symptom that hasn’t magically disappeared is my crazy food aversion to all things “tangy”.  I can’t eat pickles, wing sauce (tried this last night when Jim made wings for the National Championship), any kind of candy that’s even remotely sour, etc.   It’s the weirdest thing ever!  I don’t remember having any food aversions with Landon…I do remember craving Special K early on with him and with this one I have a definite craving for Cheerios and I’m craving sugar more with this one too.

No comments: