Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowpocalypse, Chili and The Best. Chocolate. Pie. Ever.

So, I'm stealing the term "snowpocalypse" from a million people who have termed our latest downfall as such.  Last night I mocked superintendents and business owners in all of the metro area for calling Thursday off before a single flake of snow fell from the sky.  This morning when I woke up around 7 I made Jim look out the window to tell me if I could stay in bed a smidge longer or if I should get up and get ready for another day in the office.  Yep, dry...it was dry as could be outside.  SOOO, I drug myself out of bed and started getting ready for work.  By the time I got out of the shower the snow had begun falling and it was falling fast!  I checked my email and learned that most of my team would be working from home so I decided to do the same.  Good thing...because we had 6 inches on the ground in no time!  I'm convinced that Mother Nature is bipolar and needs medication considering we are supposed to have what Jim calls "golf weather" by Monday!

Anyway, Jim is like a kid when it snows...he can't stand the thought of staying in all day and he has this insatiable need to get out in it.  He took Landon to Nana and Papa's so I could get a little work done and he went in to the office.  I knocked several things off the ole' work list and Jim brought Landon home for a day of snow fun!  I cooked a big pot of chili and we headed outside to play with the neighbors. When we had had enough of the snow we all came back to our house for some chili, visiting, grown up drinks and card playing...the kiddos didn't quite like the idea of the grown ups playing cards so we only got a couple a' rounds of spades in.  Nicole whipped up a chocolate pie from scratch - I'm impressed that she had all the stuff to do it in her pantry (cause I sure don't!) and it was ahhhh-maaaaa-zing.  While no pie crust can quite beat my Mama's I will tell you that Nicole is on to something with her crumble crust and I can't wait to get the recipe!  I didn't get many pictures from today but I'm hoping that I'll get some good ones tomorrow...we plan to play in the snow, eat leftover chili in the form of chili dogs and I'm really, really hoping there is more chocolate pie to share tomorrow...cause, losing weight is SO overrated.

What is this stuff!?

YAY...more sledding!
Snow drift!

No comments: