Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Milestones and Fun!

Landon had his 1 year checkup on his birthday...I didn't really think about the fact that he would have to have shots and that maybe doing that on his big day was kinda mean. He didn't seem to mind though...he's a trooper. However, I'll probably save birthdays for fun and not shots as he gets older. Here are Landon's 1 year stats:

23 pounds 9.6 ounces (63%)
31 inches long (86%)
head circumference - 19.25 (97%)

Here are just a few of the fun things he's up to these days:

He "cruises" around furniture and can walk behind push toys but isn't walking on his own yet
Is a great eater! He has a lot of favorites especially toast and strawberry jelly!
He has just started making progress with forks and spoons but much prefers to use his fingers.
He has mastered the sippy cup.
He waves bye bye.
He says Dada and Mama but only says Mama when he doesn't feel well or is upset...nice, I know. ha!
He also says Nana, Uh-Oh, Thank You, Kitty Cat, Hello, Hi, Bye Bye, Asher and lots of other things we can't understand yet. The kid loves to talk...I have no idea where he gets it. He said "Uh-Oh Dada" a few days ago!
He takes 2 naps a day most days
He sleeps between 10-12 hours at night
He loves books
He loves music and loves to dance
He loves to play with his cousins and friends at pre-school
He gives the best slobbery kisses and hugs!
He likes to hide food in his high chair "for later"! ha!
He still has the cutest laugh ever!
He has 8 teeth...two of which are coming in all crazy. He's already made his first visit to the dentist!
He loves bath time!
He loves the cat...she's not so much a fan of him!

and last but not least....

His mommy and daddy love him very much!


Hi Mommy!  Can we go in now?  I'm COLD!















I've got this sippy cup thing down!















Just wait Zoe!  Soon I'll be able to get up there and get you!















Oh mom, why'd you throw my snacks away?  I was saving those and now I'm hungry!



















Think I'll have a diet coke!  (okay, we don't give him diet coke!)



















My new toy bin that Santa brought is awesome!













What do you mean I can't stick my hand in the jelly?  It's goooood and I want more!!!



















I had fun with Luke and Sam at Goodnight Moon!  Thanks Andrea!



















I'll learn how to use the spoon later!  My fingers work much better for now!















Look out Billy Joel!















Bath time mohawk on Ash Wednesday!















Check out my crazy teeth!















PS - none of this (or anything for that matter) has made it into his baby book.  I'm sure glad I stressed and stressed over which one to buy!  Glad I didn't get an expensive one!  ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie-What a wonderful first year! Love you guys!!

Emily said...

Aw!!! I love all the new pics! He sure keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Dawn said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has "neglected" the baby book! Landon is precious!

Ashley S. said...

So Burke was also 31 inches at her 12 mo check up but they told me 96%tile. And I think I remember being the same on something before and it was a different percentile. I just realized why...he's a boy and she's a girl! Duh! The charts are by sex. It would make more sense that girls are smaller and 31 inches would be be 96% for her. Right??