Monday, January 26, 2009

Polling all mommies...

So, I'm a planner and a list maker to a fault...Jim is too. I never do anything without thinking (over analyzing every aspect to a fault) about it for a long, long time. Well, as usual, time has gotten away from me and I'm starting to stress. Baby Landon will likely be here a little ahead of schedule and via c-section because he has decided that he prefers the bottom down position better than the head down position as is not likely to change his mind.
So, I need all the mommies who read my blog to post a comment naming things they could not have done without the first few weeks after bringing their new baby home. I want to make sure we are super prepared!
Have a good week!

5 comments:

michelle said...

What couldn't I have done without, you ask? Pain pills and ice cream for me, a gazillion diapers and burp clothes for my poopie/spit-up queen. Oh, and the swing! The Almighty Swing was our absolute best friend! We're still pretty tight.
You're gonna be an awesome mommy!!

Laurie said...

OK you are going to think couldn't you have told me an item that was more exciting! But the first thing that came to mind was a good rectal thermometer! If he is sick and you call the doctor, they will want a rectal temp. I went thru several until I found just the one and my favorite was from Walgreens by Vicks. Short tip, fast reading, easy to use. Now for some fun things, cloth diapers for burping, a boppy, swing, onesies. When he has good head control I LOVED my Bumbo! I'm so excited for you, I know there is something I am forgetting. :)

maaydaay said...

This is making me laugh a little now :) Who would have thought??!!

Mindy said...

A few I found helpful:
At the hospital- be sure to take your hairdryer,
extra little foods (some crackers or something),
some gum or mints,
your baby book if you want to get his handprints and foot prints in it,
your own pillow!,
some of your own tylenol or advil-they will only give it to you every 4 hours after your c-section and it will really help to have a little more!
At home-lots of burp cloths,
steamer bags!!!, you can steam clean 5 bottles or tons of breast pump stuff in about 20 seconds

Hope that helps! You are going to do great. :)

Anna Carol and Jarrod said...

I did not have a c-section but I use pretty much not moving around a whole bunch the first week so.....I loved having a cradle or basinet with a bucket of much needed supplies right by my chair in the den. That way I did not have to get up and run around getting things. Also when you do get up get everything you will need for you and Landon together before you sit back down. If you are nursing you always need a drink close. This makes me sound pretty lazy but that first week was rough for me. Other friends were running circles 2 days after delivery. email me if you need any other ramdom advice. acjsparrish@sbcglobal.net