Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lucky 30's!

I realized today after looking at the baby countdown that we have only 34 days left until Baby Landon's due date and on Wednesday I'll turn the big 3-0! Today as I was driving home from the grocery store (in my new car!) I heard "This One's For The Girls" by Martina McBride. I've always loved that song especially since I was 25 when I first heard it and the second verse goes like this...

This is for all you girls about twenty-five
In a little apartment, just trying to get by
Living on, on dreams and spaghetti-o's
Wondering where you life is gonna go

While I'm not a fan of spaghetti-o's, I was in fact living in a tiny apartment...and while I was making decent money I was definitely living on some dreams and wondering where my life was going to go. I can't believe what the last five years has brought! I found a job that I love, I married my best friend and I'm pregnant with a little boy who is sure to bring more joy to our lives than we can even begin to imagine. If you would have told me five years ago that I would be this happy I might not have believed you! I can say without any doubt that I am very blessed and I'm looking forward to the next five years. I used to say that I was sure that on my 30th birthday I would wake up and life would just make sense. Well, I'm not sure life will ever make perfect sense but I can say that my 29th year has brought more clarity and happiness than just about any year so far and I feel certain that the next decade will be amazing!

Happy Belated New Year!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay! I just love that Martina song! :) So glad that 29 has been good to you and I'm sure it will only get better! I want to see pics of the new car! ;)