Thursday, December 20, 2012

Maddie Kate's First Birthday Party - Part I

Well, here we are in December about to celebrate our sweet Baby Jesus's birthday...which is exactly two months after our sweet baby girl's birthday and I'm just now posting about her party.  And you know what, it's all her fault...if she'd sleep regularly I might have more time in the evenings to blog.  Okay, that's not entirely true.  She does sleep okay some nights - it just so happens on those nights I've not felt inspired to write.

Maddie Kate's birthday party was on October 20th at our house.  I had so much fun planning for her big day!  I searched Etsy for inspiration and when I found the cute pink and orange polka dot and pumpkin theme I knew that's what it had to be!  We had her party in our back yard and under our car port.  We really do have the perfect backyard area for parties and Jim takes such good care of our yard.  It really looked great!

We enjoyed a fun day celebrating with our friends and family and Maddie Kate enjoyed being the center of attention.  She has the cutest personality!  I really think she knew everyone was there for her!  She enjoyed her cake and loved toddling around in her squeaky shoes!  Instead of presents we did what we did for Landon's first birthday and took donations for our friends at Our House shelter.  We collected art supplies, diapers and wipes.  They were excited to get fun stuff and we were excited that we could help!


This is the invitation I found on Etsy.  I loved it and it really did set the stage for the rest of the decorations!


Maddie Kate's Daddy and Pocky helped hang these fun paper ball globes!


 I set up a pink kid's table with tiny pumpkins to decorate with stickers.



I decorated with a lot of pumpkins and mums.  Fall is my favorite time to decorate so I was more than happy to buy extras of my favorite things!


We set up extra tables and the kiddos enjoyed the swing set!  The weather was gorgeous!


I made a monthly picture banner to hang above the treat table.


I also made the pennant banner for her high chair and even used my "amazing iron-on skills" to make her #1 bib!  


We had pink and orange frosted cupcakes, pumpkin cake pops, german chocolate bars, orange m&m's, pumpkin candies and orange swirl lollipops!  I made our girl's smash cake - and yes, it was supposed to be lopsided.  Not really.

No comments: