Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Gain a child...lose a tooth"

Yep, that tale is apparently as true as the one that predicted the gender of BB2 because while I was pregnant with "Mr. Big Brother To-Be" I lost part of a tooth and had to wait until he got here to have it capped.

The cookies and brownies I took to our doctor appointment worked!
We got to see our baby on tv and it turns out the Old Wives were right...
IT'S A GIRL!!!!

So, even though we were "not so secretly" hoping for a boy we couldn't be more excited about our precious baby girl. Landon's even okay with it - even though when we told him we were going to call her "Maddie Kate" he said, "No, Bubby!"...but he knows he's going to have a baby sister and he already calls her "MaddieTate".

Here are a few fun pictures of Mary Madalyn Kathleen Battreal at 16 weeks!

She's not shy in utero - this is the first thing we saw!  Let's hope she's a little more modest on earth!

Sweet Profile!
Waving to us!

Hand under her chin in deep thought - probably wondering how she can convince her momma to eat more chocolate...which seems to be her favorite food already!

She has her hand over her mouth in this one - surely blowing us a kiss!

Such a poser already with those hands clasped under her sweet alien chin!

Mary Madalyn Kathleen, we can't wait to meet you and since you'll probably read this someday we want you to know that we couldn't be happier that the Old Wives were right...but please, pretty please leave the girl drama in the womb - your momma isn't ready for it!
We love you,
Momma, Dada and Big Brother Landon

And here is the first belly pic!  We took a gazillion pictures but between the shadows all over our house and my new too-short hair cut I wasn't loving any of them...so, the first belly shot is a faceless one!  In this picture I'm wearing maternity clothes...but just like with Landon almost all of my regular clothes still fit and the maternity ones, while comfy, don't stay up well!  Maybe Maddie Kate is telling me to eat more chocolate so I'll fill out the belly panel - only I know that eating chocolate would only backfire and there are no panels in the hiney and thighs of maternity wear!



3 comments:

Gattis said...

Yay! Congrats!

Cindy said...

I'm so excited for you and yours...and I love her name!!

michelle said...

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys, and I LOVE the name Bubby!!...er, I mean, Maddie Kate. :)