Friday, March 28, 2008

Puppy Chow!

A friend of mine called me a couple of days ago asking for my recipe for Puppy Chow. I'm not sure how the tradition started but we used to make this for road trips all the time and they are leaving for vacation on Sunday. I had forgotten all about it until she called asking for the recipe! If you've never had it you really must make it soon! It's awesome! If you decide to take this on a road trip with kiddos be sure to pack the extra wet wipes or your car might look like a snow storm hit!

Puppy Chow
• 1(12ounce)bag chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup peanut butter
• 1(12ounce)box Crispix cereal or similar cereal
• 1 lb confectioners' sugar
Directions
Melt chocolate chips, butter & peanut butter over medium heat. Stir to blend.
Pour over Crispix in large bowl.
Pour confectioners sugar in paper grocery bag.
Add Crispix and shake vigorously until it breaks apart.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted this recipe! I've had it before but didn't have the recipe to make it myself! Yummy!