Wednesday, December 19, 2007

JOY! Our Charming House in Cammack Village

Yes, of course the word joy is associated with the upcoming holiday and I am filled with joy when I think about how absolutely blessed I am to be able to spend Christmas with the ones I love. However, the JOY I speak of today has come from my going through and organizing the things that were in the last 2 boxes from my condo! I probably shouldn't be too proud of this considering we have lived here in this house together for almost 6 months now but alas, I am so super excited!! We still have a long way to go to bring this house up to the level of organization that my sometimes type A personality requires but we have come a LONG way! When I moved in after the wedding you could not even see our dining room for all of the wedding gifts. Definitely a blessing yes, but I thought we'd never find a place for it all! We did and we celebrated with a bottle of wine! THEN, I found a renter for the condo I lived in prior to the wedding...yes, another blessing indeed! However, all of the stuff crammed into a 2 story condo had to go somewhere and again, the dining room disappeared...as did the living room, guest room, "back" room, breakfast area and kitchen. It felt like it would never end but of course after a lot of work and a lot of compromise* it finally did (sort of!). I am not posting pictures of the "mad house" (other than the Christmas ones already posted) until we have a "not mad house"...and our new furniture arrives! I just had to get this all out and thought this the perfect place!

*There are still too many ducks (never alive and used to be alive) in this house for me and I fear the antlers in the picture below will require a spot on a wall one day soon...but I hear compromise is a good thing in a marraige! :)

2 comments:

maaydaay said...

Yay for organizing! You have to post pictures when you get your new furniture.

Erin said...

Are you for hire? I need someone to come organize my house! I hate that feeling of having to go through boxes. I've been doing that since we found out we were preggers last April. I feel that my boxes have filled up even more! But yea for you on organizing!!